Saturday 4 July 2015

American Summers


Hi Everyone n Welcome
Time to share my 'make' for this weeks Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp .
The theme this week is Summer and for me Summer always makes me think of America as I used to pack my bags n head on over the pond to stay with my dear American friends. So my creation is inspired by those memories .

I used Tim Holtz 'Rays' embossing folder and Distress Inks (Fossilized amber,Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot ) for the background, spritzed with perfect pearls n dusted lightly with mica powder. (sadly the camera hasn't picked up the shimmer too well )

I used Tim Holtz Rockstar and Americana Blueprint Stamp set for the Skylines and the Statue of Liberty. They were stamped using black archival and water coloured using Distress Inks- Hickory Smoke , Fossilized Amber , Weathered Wood and Black Soot.
All the stamped elements were cut out ready to assemble. The Statue was adhered using dimensional glue. I  adhered the skylines with foam mount of various thicknesses, placing one slightly lower than the other to create a sense of  depth and perspective to the city scene.  I then mounted it onto a black n white mounts as you can see from the photos.
The final touches I added were a very small Halogen lamp inked with butterscotch alcohol ink and some gold gilding wax applied to the spikes of the crown .

my nod to Summer n the good Ol' USA
I Would like to enter this into  
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Summer  
As my creation is related to travel I would also like to enter it into the following challenges
 That just leaves me to wish you all a great weekend making the most of  the Summer Sun
 and to all my American friends n followers I wish you a very Happy 4th of July Holiday weekend! 
Have fun and Enjoy 
Amanda x
Big thanks to you all for your visits and  your comments -they are always much appreciated.  

20 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,I love the dramatic effect that you have created here...an absolutely brilliant card!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great a powerful and striking composition! love the colours - a truly great make x trace x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Amanda, this is absolutely superb! I love how you created the dramatic background and the buildings in the foreground look amazing. The Statue of Liberty holding the lamp is so clever and she stands out beautifully. A really stunning creation!

    Thanks for joining in our Destinations challenge at A Vintage Journey! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - this is absolutely amazing - I adore those light rays - they look so brilliant - an amazing piece and perfect for the challenge at Countryview crafts - thanks for joining us. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic . The Rays in the backdrop are a fabulous touch and the Statue of Liberty looks brilliant against the buildings. Brilliant design. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking composition xx Love all the layers and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is striking to say the least! It is a remarkable piece of art, Amanda. Very well done and with the utmost of respect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is striking to say the least! An amazing piece of art done with the utmost of respect, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kay just said it all, it's a really striking piece. The background is awesome and the foreground is amazing!!! Big hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love this, stunning!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such inspired card! Gorgeous background, the focal image really pops-up.
    Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am absolutely in love with this piece - obsessed actually! So moody and beautiful. I love how you coloued the skylines. Thank you for sharing the inks you used, I am going to give it a go.You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so striking .... a fabulous project!! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that - its so striking and has such presence! Its great! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this really rocks! I love how you used the stamps against that amazing background, just stunning, the images pop right of the page, I love it!!

    Thanks so much for adding it to our Destinations challenge at A Vintage Journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fantastic use of the rays folder - this is so dramatic. Love the golden glow over the city and the layers work so well to create depth and excitement. Amazing! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey and playing along at Country View Challenges too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful - so dramatic! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely LOVE the whole drama to this Amanda. Seriously, you are a queen of clever design. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amanda, this just takes my breath away! All the layers and dimension is incredible and the Rays behind the Statue of Liberty, I just love it! Thank you for sharing this with A Vintage Journey! I am following you now, but honestly I thought I was!!! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .