Wednesday 21 October 2015

12 Tags of Tim Holtz -October 2015

12 Tags of Tim Holtz -October 2015

Hello there Everyone
Hope you're all having a great week so far and the lovely autumnal sunshine is shining down in your part of the world! The last few days here in Yorkshire have been beautiful and if it wasn't for the calender telling me it was October I wouldn't believe it! Just hoping there's at least a few more similar days to come before the real cold dreary autumnal days set in. I'm sure if I may quote Sam Cooke  'a change is gonna come'   though as Halloween is just around the corner and I don't think I can remember a time when Halloween night has not been cold damp and dreary!
Speaking of Halloween I have been spending time with Zombies this weekend  - well not real ones - Tim's! 
Yes its that time again for Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 - October 
As it was the first time I have used the Zombie Thinlits die I decided to follow Tim's tutorial to create my tag , making very few changes along the way. 
  So let me introduce you to Exhibit A -' Zombie'

A close up of the assembled Zombie - I used a white and red water-colour pencil to create blood shot eyes! 

 I used Tarnished Brass Distress Spray Stain and Gold Gilding Wax to create the Gold Tooth.
As well as stencilling my tag background I also added some speckle stamping in Black Archival ink. I then spritzed using the Distress Marker Spritzer and Distress Markers (Spiced Pumpkin, Black Soot) and added a few flicks of Picket Fence Distress Paint. (oops! I forgot to take a close up photo of the background detail before I adhered the Zombie - sorry)

I finished off my tag with a copper eyelet, a red and black ribbon tie and a spiders web charm that my lovely friend kindly gave me .(the spider is caught in there-can ya spot him?)

 And once again here is 'Exhibit A- Zombie!'

Thanks Tim for another great tag this month. I have to agree your Zombie die is pretty cool!


Time now to to head over to  
 and link up my 'Exhibit A'. 
I would also like to enter my tag into the following challenges 
Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge - Monster Mash
Thank you so much for popping by today. I hope to be posting again in the next few days so look forward to seeing you again real soon . 
 Take care
 Amanda

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Amanda. Love your zombie and fabulous colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love your colour choices Amanda, he looks very spooky and I love how you did the eyes. Great background too! Love your take on Tim's tag. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zombie is perfect! The eyes and the colors you've chosen give it a frightful touch! wonderful work! thanks for sharing with us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda. A bit scary at first but I can see very good points each time I look. ManPa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Amanda!! I'm not a zombie fan but I love your chap and such a fantastic tag. I don't follow Tim but I'll bet your tag is better than his. We had some beautiful mornings too this week but very soggy today. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Big hugs from Poppy and me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the October tag - love the queasy colours and droopy bloodshot eyes.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanted to stop by after seeing your wonderful TH Zombie Tag at Simon Says Stamp Monster Mash Ch. You gave the Zombie all the right TH touches with the inking. I entered a Zombie Tag at Tim Holtz's blog and entered the Zombie, Vampire & Monster at the Simon Says Stamp Monster Mash Ch.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always - perfect xx Yummy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I really like your take on TIM's monster....The colors and
    extra grunge really make him stand out! So glad I stopped by
    to take a closer look! LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .